Veterans Business Network- 2023 Walk for Veteran Suicide Awareness & Prevention
DescriptionThe Veterans Business Network (VBN) of the Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce (ARCC) invites you to their annual Veteran Suicide Awareness & Prevention Walk.Agencies providing Veteran Services will be on site to share Veteran resource materials and information. The following resource and Veteran Support booths will be present at event:
The number of veteran suicides continue to rise world-wide. The ARCC's Veteran Business Network is committed to helping raise awareness and create an impact on prevention.
- Alliance 180
- Adirondack Thunder – Vet Tix program
- VCHC (Veterans Community & Housing Coalition)
- Adirondack Dwyer Veteran Peer-To-Peer Program, offered through SUNY Adirondack
- Southern Adirondack Independent Living (SAIL)
- Elite 9 Veteran Talent & Acquisition Services
- NYS Department of Veteran Services
- NYS Department of Labor- Employment & Workforce Solutions - (Veterans Division) & Warren County Department of Workforce Development
- ASCEND Mental Wellness
- Glens Falls VA- Hands To Balance - Chair Massage
- HicksStrong, Inc.
- Kee to Independent Growth
- Resource Component Transition Assistance Advisors-Gap Solutions, Inc.
- New Moon Healing
- Adirondack Post #2475 VFW & Auxiliary
- Washington County Veterans Service Agency
- Assemblywoman Carrie Woerner, 113th District
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center
- Unit 7 Veterans Group- Pine Knolls Alliance Church
- Glens Falls Lions Club
Please plan to come early. After a brief greeting and remarks, participants will walk a circuit around Downtown Glens Falls for 22 minutes in remembrance of lives lost and to raise awareness of the need for prevention. This event is rain or shine.
**Participants are asked to contribute a minimum $1.00 donation per person at the time of event (cash or check only, please).**Please make checks payable to:ARCC FoundationPlan to arrive before 3:45 pm to register your participation donation.***Event proceeds will support Alliance 180 to assist in PTSD/Suicide Prevention and Awareness***
Enter to win gift baskets donated by
*must be present to win*