Six Flags Great Escape Lodge
, Lake George’s premier family resort hotel, today announced plans to reopen on Friday, June 26, 2020. In accordance with Warren County and state government officials’ reopening requirements and CDC guidelines, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge is now taking reservations. The hotel will offer a clean and safe get-away for families coming to the beautiful Lake George area to enjoy hiking routes in the Adirondacks, exciting bike trails, and stunning mountain summit views with outdoor adventures. The Lodge is implementing extensive safety measures and hygiene protocols, including many new procedures to protect guests, and team members. These protocols will be constantly evaluated to ensure compliance with state recommendations.
“The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge is fully prepared to welcome our guests back as we introduce new hygiene and sanitization procedures to make a safer experience for everyone. The health and safety of our guests, team members, and community remains our top priority. We are grateful for Warren County and state government officials’ support and confidence in our reopening plans that deliver immaculate accommodations for families visiting the area,” said Six Flags Great Escape Lodge General Manager Jeff Bartone.
With this announcement, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge is excited to also announce the reopening of the Johnny Rockets outdoor patio dining area on Friday, June 12. This comfortable outdoor seating, available to everyone, will offer their timeless Johnny Rockets menu of juicy hand-pressed hamburgers, classic sandwiches, and cool milkshakes for the whole family.
The Lodge will initially open under limited occupancy with outdoor dining at Johnny Rockets and retail options available to guests. At this time, the indoor waterpark and nearby theme park will remain closed following government’s phased reopening guidelines. The Lodge’s reopening plan, which meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitization, hygiene, and social distancing protocols is outlined below:
Social Distancing & Sanitation
Check-in & Guest Services
- Safe social distancing, separation in check-in lines, and extensive social distancing signage will be located throughout the lodge;
- Multiple alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout the resort;
- All team members and guests will be required to wear masks;
- Trained and dedicated cleaning teams have been put in place to provide extensive sanitization and disinfecting protocols;
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of high touch surfaces in all common areas, including elevators, public seating, hand rails, tabletops, counters, doors, luggage carts and trash cans will occur frequently; and
- Commercial-grade cleaning equipment and supplies will be used.
- Social distancing markers will be in place to allow for safe distancing during check-in;
- Guest keys will be sanitized after each use;
- Mobile keys will be offered to all guests;
- All surfaces and credit card machines will be sanitized after each transaction;
- Protective barriers will be placed between guests, front desk agents, and retail staff to prevent direct exposure; and
- Arrival and departure procedures will be modified so that only one person per party is at the front desk.
Team Member Care & Health Screenings
- Room occupancies will be rotated to allow for deep-cleaning procedures between guests;
- Rigorous protocols, including increasing the time spent on each guest suite to thoroughly clean all surfaces with commercial-grade disinfectants;
- High touch items have been removed, including: coffee makers, in-room guides, pens and papers; and
- Stay over service will no longer be available, but staff will deliver any additional amenity requests.
About Six Flags Great Escape Resort
- Each employee will receive a health screening before entering the Lodge, including temperature checks and individuals will be asked if they are healthy and will be required to acknowledge the company’s health policies;
- Frontline team members will go through extensive COVID-19 training;
- All employees will be issued Team Member Action Packs which will include: a safety face mask, safety glasses, and disposable gloves; and
- All team member workspaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
Six Flags Great Escape Resort is the quintessential location to play, stay and get-away. This unique family vacation features a 200-suite Adirondack-themed lodge with an indoor waterpark, and The Great Escape and Hurricane Harbor theme park offering over 135 rides, shows and attractions, including an outdoor waterpark. The Great Escape theme park features thrilling coasters like the Comet, family-friendly kids’ areas and hours of fun for everyone.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com