The Great Escape & Hurricane Harbor
, upstate New York’s most thrilling theme and waterpark, is preparing for fun-in-the-sun adventures, new high-flying rides, and non-stop fun in 2021. Opening weekend at The Great Escape is a sure sign that summer fun has officially returned, and this year’s season is packed with thrills for the entire family, including the all-new high-flying Adirondack Outlaw. The Great Escape will be open weekends and select dates beginning May 1, with daily operation beginning June 24. And just in time for Spring Break, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark will be back to full operation beginning March 26.
“We are pleased with the governor’s announcement this week, and we are ready to welcome our guests back to The Great Escape,” said Six Flags Great Escape Resort Park President, Rebecca Wood. “The health and safety of our guests, team members, and community remains our top priority and we are implementing extensive sanitization and safety measures to deliver a safe and entertaining experience for our guests,” said Six Flags Great Escape Resort Park President, Rebecca Wood.
Virtual Hiring Fairs
As one of the largest seasonal employers in the area, Six Flags Great Escape Resort is currently hiring hundreds of team members for the 2021 season. Both the Theme Park and Lodge are hiring for all positions, including admissions, food & beverage services, ride operations, housekeeping, games, lifeguards, park services, security, marketing, and retail. The safety of park guests and employees is always the company’s top priority, and applicants may now apply for jobs in a completely virtual and contact-free environment. Applications may be completed online and interviews and training will all be done virtually; onboarding is contact-free. Interested applicants must apply online at sixflagsjobs.com
and select “Lake George, Great Escape” for your park.
The first virtual hiring event will take place on Saturday, March 13 from 10:00am – 2:00 pm. Anyone needing assistance with the application process should contact Human Resources at 518-792-3500, ext. 3369.
Health and Safety Measures
Six Flags Great Escape Resort will continue to meet or exceed the New York state safety guidelines. Examples of these safety measures and protocols currently include:
Health Screenings for Guests and Team Members
Strictly Enforced Social Distancing
- Contact-less IR thermal imaging will be used to screen temperatures of guests and employees prior to entry; and individuals will be asked if they are healthy and will be required to acknowledge the company’s health policies;
- All guests over the age of two and all team members will be required to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth throughout their visit/work day; and
- Any guest without a mask will be able to purchase one at the front gate.
Extensive Sanitization and Disinfecting Protocols
- Easy to identify distance markers will be added in all park entry, ride, restroom, retail locations, and dining queue lines;
- Dining areas will be adjusted to allow ample space between seated parties;
- Guests will be separated by empty rows and/or seats on all roller coasters, rides, and attractions;
- Six-foot viewing areas will be marked for guests to observe game play; arcade games will be reconfigured or deactivated to comply with social distancing requirements;
- Advanced security screenings will enable touchless bag checks;
- Capacity at indoor venues will be reduced to meet social distancing requirements; and
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet.
Sanitized Food Preparation and Service
- Trained and dedicated cleaning teams have been put in place;
- Increased sanitization and disinfecting of high touch points including all public seating, tabletops, counters, doors, and trash cans will occur frequently;
- Rides, restraints, and handrails will be cleaned throughout the day;
- Restroom staff will be stationed to disinfect each stall and sink area on a frequent basis;
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout the park; and
- All team member work areas will be regularly sanitized and disinfected.
Commercial-Grade Cleaning Equipment and Supplies
- Modified menus and implementation of mobile food ordering will help facilitate touchless transactions;
- Self-service buffets and salad bars will be reconfigured to eliminate guest contact with food;
- Condiments, self-serve cutlery, and napkins will be provided to guests with their meals as required; and
- Beverages will be served by attendants, and guests will receive any drink bottle refills in a paper cup each time they refill.
Multi-Layered Guest and Team Member Communication
- All employees will be issued Team Member Action Packs which will include: a safety face mask, safety glasses, and disposable gloves;
- Low pressure backpack sprayers will be utilized for disinfecting large areas;
- Abundant supplies of sanitizers and disinfectants will be available;
- Microfiber cloths will be used to sanitize surfaces; and
- Queue line supplies, fencing, and tents will be in place to promote safe social distancing.
Park Reservations System to Manage Attendance
- Frontline team members will go through extensive COVID-19 training;
- Safety messaging and reminders on Six Flags’ website, newsletters, in-park announcements, and recorded phone messages will occur frequently;
- Distance markers and physical distance indicators will be in place; and
- Informational safety signage will be posted throughout the park.
The Great Escape will be operating under state and local guidelines for crowd capacity limits. The park has established attendance caps that will be well below the park’s theoretical capacity in order to allow for proper social distancing. All Members, Season Pass holders and all guests with a single-day or group ticket will need to make a reservation at www.sixflags.com/reserve
. Guests who need single-day tickets will be able to reserve during the purchase process. The process will take 5-7 minutes, and guests will guests will complete the following steps:
- Enter their online order number, ticket number or Membership/Season Pass number;
- Select the day and the approximate time they want to visit;
- Acknowledge their understanding of the company’s health policy;
- Order pre-paid parking, if they do not already have a parking pass; and
- Watch a brief video describing new social distancing and sanitization procedures.
Guests will be contacted electronically (either by email, text or both) the day before their scheduled visit to confirm their intent to visit and their continued healthy status. Guests may cancel their reservation without penalty any time before 8:00 a.m. (local time) on the day of their scheduled visit. Members and Season Pass Holders will receive booking priority over single-day and group ticket buyers.
Media resources for Adirondack Outlaw are located here: https://bit.ly/2Zr6xZQ
Media resources for Six Flags Safety Measures are located here: https://bit.ly/3azARHO
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com
About Six Flags Great Escape Resort
Six Flags Great Escape Resort is the quintessential location to play, stay and get-away. This unique family vacation features a 200-suite Adirondack-themed lodge with an indoor waterpark, and The Great Escape and Hurricane Harbor offers over 135 rides, shows and attractions, including an outdoor waterpark. The Great Escape theme park features thrilling coasters like the Comet, family-friendly kids’ areas and hours of fun for everyone.