Community, Work & Independence, Inc. (CWI) is proud to announce “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars” is returning for its third year! The event will be held on Saturday, April 4th, 2020 at the Charles R. Wood Theater in downtown Glens Falls. It will feature a cocktail and appetizer reception, raffle items, a silent auction, live competitive partner dancing and a dessert reception to meet the stars. Tickets will be $55 per person and an announcement regarding box office ticket sales will be forthcoming in a few weeks.
Community, Work & Independence Inc. empowers people with disabilities to discover their full potential. “This entertaining event will be an exciting night featuring local talent in the community while raising awareness of who CWI is and the impact we have on lives every day,” says Mark Donahue, CWI President/CEO. Our fundraising event, “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars,” will be similar to the popular hit television show and will pair local Professional Dancers with Celebrities from our community. Professional partners will choreograph each dance and couples will perform before a panel of judges. Partners will have the opportunity to compete for the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy or the Fan Favorite Award voted on by the audience.
Our couple pairings include:
- Stefanie DiLallo Bitter, Principal, Bartlett, Pontiff, Stewart & Rhodes, PC, Glens Falls, will hit the dance floor with reigning Mirror Ball Champion Grey Masko, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, Saratoga Springs.
- Brent Brewer, Owner, Bug U Pest Control, Hudson Falls, will cut a rug with two time Fan Favorite winner Deanna Krug-Della Ratta, Arthur Murray Dance Centers, Saratoga Springs.
- Amy Hogan-Moulton, Physician/Specialist Nephrology, Saratoga Nephrology practicing in the Saratoga and Glens Falls Communities will step it up with Aaron Coulson, ACEntertainment, Hudson Falls.
- Craig Seybolt, Vice President Corporate Banking Manager, Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company, will shake a leg with Elizabeth Masko, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, Saratoga Springs.
- Tyler Whitney, Sales and Marketing Supervisor (North Country) Fidelis Care, Queensbury, will boogie down with Lisa Camp, Wellness Director, Glens Falls Family YMCA.
In addition, our event will feature individuals from CWI performing between dance acts to delight you with their creative spirit! People are the heart of what we do. Through the provision of quality and innovative supports, CWI has offered a myriad of services since 1963 to meet the needs of the medically frail, developmentally disabled, brain injured, learning disabled, economically disadvantaged and individuals with other challenges. The employees of CWI create meaningful opportunities for the individuals receiving our services to sustain and build their lives. Every dollar donated will help us to continue to fulfill our mission of enriching lives one story at a time.
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities for the event are available by emailing Deb Grace at Dgrace@cwinc.org or by calling (518) 793-4700 ext. 11100.