Sub Bus Driver
To transport CWI passengers by driving agency vehicles in a manner which is safe, economical, on schedule and in compliance with all New York State Vehicle and Traffic Laws.
The Bus Driver will:
- Actively cooperate with the President/CEO and other staff members in a joint endeavor in satisfactorily achieving the goals of the CWI.
- Carry out the policies and procedures as specified in the Transportation Procedure Book.
- Be responsible for the proper mechanical functioning of vehicles by reporting vehicle conditions to the Transportation Director.
- Provide necessary supervision of passengers to ensure their safe transport.
- Be responsible for communicating and working with professional staff to promote therapeutic carry-over from the program participant’s day program.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles.
- All non-bus driving functions accountable to the Transportation Director, including but not limited to: truck driving, inventory control, in-house functions.
- Take part in any in-service training as offered by the agency and attend staff meetings as requested.
- Act in any other capacity as requested by the President.
Must have a high school diploma/GED. Must possess a Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL); with three years of accident and violation free driving. Demonstrated competency in First Aid/CPR and safety procedures highly desirable.