Warren County Department of Social Services
Christian A. Hanchett Christina M. Mastrianni
1340 State Route 9 Human Services Building
Lake George, New York 12845-3434
Commissioner Deputy Commissioner
Notice of Anticipated Vacancy
General Statement of Duties:
Cook (REISSUED 9/14/2022)
Countryside Adult Home
$37,509 (2022 Base Salary, Effective 8/1/2022)
Full Time w/ Benefits
Prepares and cooks a variety of food; responsible for the preparation and serving of meals in a health care facility. Follows meal plans per dietician and New York State Department of Health Regulations. Some supervision of employees in food preparation related titles. Does related work as required.
General Job Duties:
• Prepares cooks and serves meals for resident’s using standard kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Meal preparation includes meat, fish, poultry, soups, vegetables, cereals, desserts, salads and other food;
• Bakes cakes, pies, rolls, and a variety of other pastries;
• Cuts, cleans and dresses meat, fish and poultry;
• Orders food and supplies used in the preparation of meals according to an established menu and inspects food when received to insure proper quantity and quality;
• Supervise the proper storing of food to avoid waste and spoilage;
• Supervise the work of assistants in preparation of food and the cleaning of tables, kitchen utensils, stoves, and kitchen;
• Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports relative to food service function.
• Participate in the facility quality assurance, education and staff meeting;
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good knowledge of the methods of preparing, cooking and baking food in large quantities; good knowledge of modern cooking utensils, appliances and equipment; good knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning materials and equipment; ability to plan with a view to economy and efficiency in use of supplies, equipment and food; ability to follow oral and written directions and recipes; physical strength and stamina; good physical condition.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Two years of experience in large scale cooking.
If you are interested in being considered,
please submit your application, resume and list of references to:
Countryside Adult Home
ATTN: Amy McByrne
353 Schroon River Road, Warrensburg, NY 12885
Applications being accepted until position is filled.
Applications may be obtained from www.warrencountyny.gov/jobs.
Warren County is an EOE/AA Employer