Finance Coordinator – Warrensburg, NY
The Finance Coordinator performs finance and accounting functions for a small, non-profit, subordinate governmental agency, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren County. Key functions include maintaining general ledgers, reviewing financial statements, preparing reports, and working with management to make decisions about budgets. This position provides support to staff for our financial system, Acumatica.
- Associate’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. A high school diploma/GED plus one-year transferrable experience may substitute for an Associate’s degree.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Ability to meet occasional travel requirements associated with this position. A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Ability to help ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Finance and Accounting Skills: Strong accounting/financial skills required. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial and budget files and other records, including those needed for audits.
- Technology Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel. Commitment to learn Cornell-specific accounting software (currently Acumatica).
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage responsibilities.
- Work Environment: In addition to the Working Conditions; the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. This position works in a typical office environment.
This is a part-time (.70 FTE, or approximately 26.25 hours/week), nonexempt position. Compensation starting at $22.50 per hour, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, based on eligibility, including:
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
- Paid Holidays
- NYS Health Insurance Program (including free Dental Insurance)
- NYS Retirement (NYSERS)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Total Care Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tax Deferred Annuity Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Universal Life Insurance
- Personal Accidental Insurance
- Legal Plan Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- New York’s College Savings Program
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions
All applications must be received on-line by March 30, 2023. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
To Apply & For Further Details: https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCECareerPage/job/New-York-State-Other/CCE-of-Warren-County-Finance-Coordinator---Warrensburg--NY_WDR-00035849
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate governmental agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University. Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.