The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides care and support to individuals with developmental disabilities and / or traumatic brain injuries. The DSP will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potentialby promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. The DSP will implement each individual’s personal plan of care which may include activities of daily living, such as: bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding and assisting with transportation. The DSP will possess a professional, patient (tolerant) understanding manner and work to maintain a calm, kind, caring and safe environment for the individuals we serve in their home and the community.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- AMAP Certification (training provided)
- SCIP Certification (training provided)
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards/depending on program needs. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
*Medical/Dental available first of the month following hire*Competitive Wages*Paid time off after successful 90 day orientation*Paid Holidays*403B Retirement Plans*And Much More!!