We are pleased to be welcoming campers, seasonal staff, and volunteers back onsite for a residential 2021 Summer Camp Program at approximately 30% capacity. In designing and operating the summer program, we will be closely following summer camp guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State (NYS), our local Department of Health (DOH), and the American Camping Association (ACA). We will also be operating based on recommendations from the SeriousFun Children’s Network (SFCN) that were created specifically for camps serving children with serious illnesses. This summer more than ever, our seasonal staff will help provide Double H’s primary Core Value for campers: Safe Fun!
This summer will encompass many changes and policies that are sure to evolve as the COVID-19 guidelines shift in the months to come. To support the implementation of these changes, seasonal staff will be asked to take on additional responsibilities in program area facilitation, adapting traditional camp events, and creative programming for small groups. Flexibility and patience will be necessary skills as we head into a Summer of new challenges. We are excited to welcome these changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and we hope you are excited to join us!
Before You Apply:
Please read the requirements for 2021 Summer Camp Staff and be prepared to commit to the following to keep everyone at camp safe…
• Staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. (Double H qualifies as a Phase 1b Organization in New York State. Therefore, all staff are currently eligible to receive the vaccine(s)).
• Staff will comply with all onsite safety protocols, including but not limited to mask wearing, maintaining cabin pods with set campers and counselors, maintaining personal hygiene through proper handwashing and coughing techniques, and participating in health screenings, isolating, and/or PCR testing when necessary.
• Staff will consistently self-monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and practice low-risk behaviors while offsite: avoid large gatherings, maintain physical distance, and wear a mask when around others.
Number of Positions Available:
- High Ropes Course: 4
- Barn: 4
- Aquatics (Pool & Waterfront): 4
- Archery: 4
Duration: Sunday, June 20 – Sunday, August 8, 2021
Accommodation: Residential or Non-Residential – Activity Leaders may choose to live either on or off-site for the duration of Summer.
Activity Leaders are energetic, spirited, talented teachers and coaches who are experts in their activity. Activity Leaders are responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive, adaptive experience for all campers in their program areas. Activity Leaders are devoted to teaching and supporting campers to build skills and self-esteem while making sure all campers are having FUN! Activity Leaders possess the ability to lead campers while being safe and positive at all times. These positions require specific certification and skill sets to run their program areas. If hired, we will provide the necessary training and certification required to fulfill all Double H, NYS, and SeriousFun requirements.
New in 2021! Activity Leaders are NOT eligible to join a cabin as they have been in prior years. As an Activity Leader, you will safely interact with multiple cabin pods as they visit your program area. To mitigate unnecessary exposure, you will not re-join a cabin pod once your program area shift has ended. Activity Leaders may choose to be either residential with housing provided, or non-residential and leave site at the end of shifts. Residential Activity Leaders will have additional camp responsibilities outside of your program area, such as helping run camp-wide events and creating content for virtual camper curriculum. Non- residential Activity Leaders will need to follow all camp regulations regarding off-site safety.
Important Summer Dates
- Leadership Training: Friday, June 18 – Saturday, June 19
- Unit Leader/ Activity Leader Training: Sunday, June 20
- All Staff Training: Monday, June 21 – Sunday, June 27
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 30 – Sunday, July 4
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 7 – Sunday, July 11
- Session 3: Wednesday, July 14 – Sunday, July 18
- Mandatory Summer Training: Monday, July 19
- Session 4: Thursday, July 22 – Monday, July 26
- Session 5: Thursday, July 29 – Monday, August 2
- Alumni Session: Thursday, August 5 – Sunday, August 8
- Departure Day: Sunday, August 8