Outreach and Development Coordinator
Job Title: Outreach and Development Coordinator
Status: Full time (35 hours/week), Non-Exempt
Location: Administration Suite
Reports To: Executive Director
Payrate: $22.48 per hour
The Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director. The Outreach Coordinator will support L.E.A.P.’s outreach, communications and fund development efforts to help educate and inform external audiences about our mission, vision and values through outreach activities and public engagement programs. It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job.
- Establish, respect and maintain confidentiality of the agency, its employees, its customers and its governing Board, both within the agency and the community, in accordance with agency policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws.
- Develop, manage and maintain an annual fundraising plan in collaboration with senior administration and Fund Development Committee of the Board, as approved by the ED and Board and in accordance with the Agency’s strategic plan.
- Be proactive and offer innovative ideas for L.E.A.P. promotional events. Assist with the organization and logistics of L.E.A.P. sponsored events.
- Publicize L.E.A.P. events and initiatives through news releases, radio advertisements, media and internal postings.
- Coordinate outreach functions by working in conjunction with the Executive Director and Program Directors in planning and implementing public engagement efforts through public communication media.
- Work with any and all vendors hired by L.E.A.P. for marketing, publicity and media development.
- Foster and maintain relationships with community members, organizations and staff to develop outreach activities and maintain the positive reputation of L.E.A.P.
- Support communications functions that increase the visibility, impact and awareness of L.E.A.P. efforts, to include, but not limited to, social media outlets.
- Assist Program Directors to Identify other resources, resource providers both in and outside the local community, including social service agencies, public and private schools and all other service providers, organizations and community groups.
- Cultivate a countywide volunteerism network and volunteer support through face to face meetings, phone and email contact and public speaking engagements.
- Recruit, train, develop, schedule, coordinate, and direct volunteer leaders to guide operations to accomplish L.E.A.P.’s long- and short-range initiatives and goals.
- Solicit input from staff, community members and partners to help establish and maintain a database of project lists, partner lists, photo archives, presentations, etc.
- Complete timelines and document follow-up actions for all assigned areas of oversight.
- Develop a system to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies and maintain records essential for control and evaluation, and report information to the Executive Director and Fund Development Committee of the Board.
- Attend, upon request, all staff and other appropriate meetings, trainings and conferences, some of which may require out of town travel and evening/overnight attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (i.e. public relations, communications, marketing).
- Knowledge of MS Office software. Experience using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for organizational outreach is required. A working knowledge of media relations, publishing and events planning.
- Previous fundraising experience required.
- Must possess a mix of relationship-building skills with technical knowledge to assist in the development of marketing and promotional resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to establish and maintain collegial relations with press and media contacts.
- Must understand the purpose and concepts of L.E.A.P. and must be able to relate this purpose and mission.
- Must have the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community while articulating L.E.A.P.’s purpose and mission and demonstrating L.E.A.P.’s character values.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with travel required.
- Ability to lead and motivate volunteers.
- A successful track record in project development.
- Experience with managing website and social media applications a must.
- Exposure to advertising, publication and promotion development.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid Driver’s License.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at L.E.A.P. and protect all members of the community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
L.E.A.P. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Traci Ross at Traci.Ross@leapservices.org