Production Laborer Temp
Position Title: Production Laborer Temp
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in being a jack-of-all trades? The Production Laborer Temp is our entry level position that is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use different skills every day as you learn the cement industry.
- Load and unload trucks following safe operating procedures
- Operate mobile equipment on plant property (loader, haul truck, water truck, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of plant work areas
- Assist with plant tasks including lubrication, maintenance, repairs
- Transport materials to and from storage and shop areas
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; assist with physical inspections of plant property/departments. This position will be based at Glens Falls, NY.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in an open pit mine a plus
- Experience using (or ability to learn) plant mobile equipment
- Ability to use shovel, broom, jackhammer, sweeper, forklift, bobcat and vacuum truck.
- Ability to work different extended hours, holidays and/or overtime required
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
WHERE TO APPLY
463 Maple Ave
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866