Are you technically skilled and love working with people? Do you get excited for the challenge to apply your technical skills to solve real world business problems? Are you interested in deepening your technical skills? If so, then this position may be for you.
ADNET Technologies is seeking a skilled Senior Systems Engineer to support our clients by providing creative leading-edge technical solutions and support to our clients. In addition, you will also be responsible for the management of technical level 2 and 3 projects.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and motivated, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team. Every day will present you with new and interesting challenges that will test your technical abilities as well as your problem-solving skills. This is an opportunity to represent the brand of a rapidly growing company and to make a difference for our clients.
Why Work at ADNET?
ADNET Technologies is a technology consulting firm with offices in Farmington, CT and Albany, NY. Since our inception in 1991, our mission has been to help our clients create measurable business value from their IT investments, leveraging both our technological heritage and our understanding of business principles.
We’re a diverse group of people with a wide mix of backgrounds and talents, and we collaborate to apply those skills for our clients. Everyone we hire has a big effect – by joining our team, you’ll be helping to take a growing company to the next level while contributing to a rewarding and positive culture for our team. We value passion, integrity, focus, accountability, and professionalism above all else, and seek to provide a positive environment in which all members of our team can excel in their careers and create new opportunities.
Our employees care deeply about our clients and take pride in the work that is produced. As a company, we also care about our employees and treat them with a high degree of respect. From 2014-2019, ADNET was named by our employees to the Hartford Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work in Connecticut! We look forward to achieving the same here in Albany.
ADNET offers a competitive benefit program including 100% paid Medical plan option, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, paid Holidays, unlimited RTO (which encompasses vacation, sick personal and bereavement), 401(k) match, bonuses and incentive plans. In addition, we offer paid training, professional development, employee recognition programs, employee outings, spontaneous fun and more! Read more about our benefits, including our Responsible Time Off (RTO) policy.
This position is primarily located in ADNET’s Albany, NY office, however from time to time travel between locations may be required.
- Assemble, configure, build, support and maintain Servers and Workstations effectively and efficiently for clients.
- Working with clients at their location or via remote or phone support to resolve technical problems
- Deploying new technologies including server or cloud-based systems, network connectivity, applications or managed services to client organizations
- Recommending proactive solutions to recurring issues
- Functioning as part of a client engagement team and keeping client engagement managers and other involved parties informed of problems, progress on issues and resolutions
- Mentor and train, through knowledge share, junior members of the Service Operations team.
- Maintaining information regarding solutions and client changes and tracking service tickets in ADNET’s Professional Service Automation system
- Staying abreast of industry changes and new technologies that have impact to our clients
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree or minimum 4 years network design and installation experience, or 3 years in network design or installation plus 2 years software development, help desk support or hardware maintenance, or a combination of education and experience. in a technical support role including Windows server support. Two industry certifications are required. (MCSE or MCSA and/or Cisco CCNA, or equivalent, certifications.)
- Minimum of 5 years in a network support role including Windows server support
- A demonstrated aptitude working with computers, LANs, operating systems, cloud-based technologies, mobile devices and various software applications
- Experience using a PSA or Help Desk ticket system is a plus
- Ability to make decisions in matters of significance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from ADNET’s office and client locations as required. Occasional overnight travel required to attend training or visit a client site.
- Must be driven and well-organized
- Excellent customer service skills as well as written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Keen attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive working both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency managing multiple projects under tight deadlines, with the ability to effectively balance priorities and meet assigned goals
- An aptitude and a desire for continual learning with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
Apply for This Position
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to hr@thinkADNET.com.