The Front Desk Shift Lead is primarily responsible for the overall operation of the front desk to include but is not limited to the following: Welcome all guests in a friendly and professional manner. Provide excellent customer service to our guests who stay on or off campus, by providing accurate information to our members and guests in regard to; activities, and policy and procedure during their stay on campus and assist The Guest Services Director with training and scheduling of staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of the entire front desk operation and a customer service background.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, competence to meet, answer and receive incoming calls from the public in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Organizational skills/multi tasking is essential. Exhibits proficiency and fundamental knowledge of word and excel applications.
- Accuracy in handling money and record keeping, have basic accounting knowledge, professional telephone answering and a basic knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Supervise, train and support all front desk staff
- Check Silver Bay guests in/out using hospitality software
- Knowledge of Silver Bay rates, accommodations and activities
- Provide accurate information to guests as needed
- Learn current hospitality computer software
- Perform duties per daily routine and shut down procedure list
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer at the end of their shift
- Receive, record, and input membership, and in-house transactions into hospitality software
- Provide support to the reservations and telephone operator when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Guest Service Supervisor or Director
- As a 24-hour operation all staff will be asked to work weekend, evening or night shift and/or holidays in order to serve our members, guests and program participants.
- Follow policies and procedures as noted in the employee handbook.