Event and Sales Coordinator
Event and Sales Coordinator Garnet Hill Lodge – North River, NY 12856
We are in search of an out-going, detail oriented individual to book and manage events at our resort. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Word and Excel programs and will become knowledgeable about Garnet Hill Lodge and what we have to offer, as well as when certain event types best fit at our resort. This candidate will also train on our reservation software and become proficient at the front desk.
• Hospitality experience in food and beverage or hotel front desk
• Prior sales experience is a plus but not required, will train the right candidate.
• Outgoing personality with excellent service, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated, organized, detailed and works well under pressure.
• A team player
• Professional in appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to stand and walk for an 8-hour shift.
• Must be able to bend, lift, and carry things like full trays, chairs, etc.
• High school graduate required; associate degree preferred.
• The Event Coordinator will sell, book, manage and execute meetings, private events, and wedding events.
• Responding to phone calls and e-mails for event inquiries
• Generating BEOs, contracts, and menus
• Executing site tours of the property for potential clients and coordinating tastings with the Chef.
• Weekend and evening availability are required, as is attendance at all events which are primarily weekends and evenings.
• The Lodge Manager will oversee the coordinator and provide direction as well as assist on where needed.
• Train and become proficient on the front desk.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour plus commission
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Paid time off
• Day shift
• Evening shift
• Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
All applicants should apply to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org