The Conference Set Up members provide conference groups with room set-ups, audio/visual needs and water set ups as dictated by CSU supervisor, Hospitality Services Dir., Hospitality Services supervisor and Conference Services staff.
The incumbent must be in good physical health and able to climb ladders, stairs, move tables, chairs, and other A/V equipment and perform other manual tasks. Conference set up staff members must work well with people and they must become familiar with Silver Bay’s activities and facilities. All CSU staff must be able to operate, troubleshoot and do minor repairs on the A/V equipment used by the conference groups. This position requires the ability to respond to guest needs and staff with speed and courtesy. The incumbent must have or learn computer skills in order to use programs such as maestro, Word, Excel and Facility Dude.
Staff must be able to work at times without direct on-site supervision. They should have the ability to recognize needs for unrequested equipment to make an effective set up. CSU staff should be able to think creatively to accommodate guest requests with equipment and materials on hand. The ability to prioritize and sequence work to complete jobs within deadlines is also required. The ability to read and write English and interpret oral and written informational data is required and a minimum of one-year experience in the conference set up field is preferable but not required. A high school degree or equivalent is desired, but not required. A valid driver’s license is required.
• Set up crew is responsible for cleaning meeting spaces prior to setting up and after conferences and functions. This includes, trash removal, vacuuming, dusting, setting up for weddings, meetings, concerts, conferences, staff functions, church etc.
• Set up crew is responsible for learning the operation of CSU equipment including the different sound and audio visual equipment, both permanent and portable around campus and assisting with proper connection and operation of the above equipment to facilitate the smooth operation by groups and conferences needing our services.
• Set up meeting spaces based on the needs specified by group leaders, Conference Services, Dining Hall staff and directors.
• CSU staff is responsible for the vehicles that they use on a daily basis and this vehicle is to be used for the purpose of delivering equipment and assisting other departments in the delivery of their services. CSU staff is to report any accidents and keep their vehicles clean at all times.
• CSU is required to carry a radio and keep that radio with them at all times to be able to respond to guest needs.