The Wesley Community is seeking a Resident Assistant to work at Woodlawn Commons! Currently hiring for a Part Time Night shift and a Per Diem shift that includes working 2 weekend shifts per month.
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Resident Assistant, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Performs duties related to the personal care and comfort of the residents according to their case management needs.
- Performs services necessary for the cleanliness and care of the resident's environment, personal items and equipment.
- Treats the residents with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encourages independence.
- Reports all accidents and incidents you observe immediately. Complete Incident Report and notify physician and family per protocol.
- Reports all changes in resident's condition to your supervisor as soon as practical.
- Other duties/responsibilities within the scope of training as may be assigned to promote a high level of competent care and quality of life.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- High School graduation or equivalent preferred
- Willingness to obtain certification as a Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Able to complete the training and pass appropriate tests.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.