The Wesley Community is seeking an Life Enrichment Assistant/Activities Assistant to work on a Temporary basis at The Wesley Health Care Center! Currently hiring for Full Time positions working 11 am - 7 pm including every other weekend.
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?.
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Life Enrichment Assistant/Activities Assistant, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Assuring that an on-going program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive care plan, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident is maintained.
- Dealing tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Demonstrating sincere interest and concern for the well-being of the residents of the Health Care Center.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Coursework in gerontology or leisure services, activities, art , music therapy or recreation preferred.
- Previous experience working in a leisure time setting or with geriatric populations educational or medical preferred.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.