WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- Flexible Schedule! No weekend or holiday commitment! Opportunity to work different shifts!
- Willing to work with you around you school, and family life schedules!
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As an LPN, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a Medication Nurse and/or Team Leader,
- Perform and direct resident care in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility and as planned by the Unit Coordinator
- Ensure the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
- Cooperate with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care is maintained.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- Commitment and genuine interest in the lives of our residents
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Currently LPN license from the NYS Board of Regents
- Minimum of 1-year of nursing experience preferred
- Prior experience with medication administration preferred
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN LONG TERM CARE?
- Long Term Care is very rewarding way to make a difference in someone's life every day.
- You will build relationships with the residents, staff and residents' families while providing care in a home-like setting.
- Expect to be challenged by a wide variety of situations; you will have routine tasks such as med passes and dressing changes but, no two days are the same.
- Plenty of one-on-one time to give attention to our residents and form impacting relationships.