The Wesley Community is seeking a Laundry Aide to join the Wesley team! Currently hiring for a Full Time Day position!
The Wesley Community is happy to have been voted Best Assisted Living Community, Best Home Care Services, and Best Nursing Home in the Saratoga TODAY Newspaper
Best of the Saratoga Region 2020 readers' poll!
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Laundry Aide, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department as directed by Supervisor.
- Assuring that adequate supply of laundry/linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of laundry areas; must perform regular inspections of laundry rooms, linen closets, etc., for sanitation, order, and safety.
- Other work as assigned by manager.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- High school graduate (or GED) preferred.
- At least two years experience in an industrial laundry setting preferred.
- Must be familiar with the operation of laundry equipment, practices and procedures.
- Must demonstrate sincere interest and concern for the well-being of the residents of the Health Care Center.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with co-workers, personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.