Wesley Senior Solutions is currently seeking dedicated and compassionate candidates to TRAIN toward their New York State HHA Certification and then work (either part time or per diem) through the licensed home care service agency, Wesley Senior Solutions.
EARN AS YOU LEARN
We are now accepting applications for our 1st training class starting July 29th, 2019.
This is a paid training class with classroom and clinical hours from 8 am-4 pm.
Training lasts 12 days and full attendance is required.
Upon successful completion of the training class you will be offered part time or per diem employment depending on current case availability.
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Healthcare benefits for qualifying part time employees upon hire!
- Upon successful completion of the program, uniform tops will be provided as well as mileage reimbursement from home to assignment in addition to in between assignments!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Home Health Aide (HHA), supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks, and other related support services essential to the client's health.
- Record and report changes of the client's physical condition, behavior, or appearance to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Perform light housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, & sweeping.
- Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assist with transfer and ambulation including the use of a cane, walker, and wheelchair.
- Assist client with miscellaneous household duties.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have your own reliable transportation to get to and from clients homes and occasionally transport clients.
- Must have a valid NYS drivers license and have a clean driving background which will be subject to yearly background checks or more frequently if indicated.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.