We are excited to offer an expanded benefit plan to include uniform tops upon hire as well as mileage reimbursement from home to assignment in addition to in between assignments! Benefits may also include Healthcare benefits and Triple AAA Memberships.
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As an HHA, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks, and other related support services essential to the client's health.
- Record and report changes of the client's physical condition, behavior, or appearance to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Perform light housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, & sweeping.
- Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assist with transfer and ambulation including the use of a cane, walker, and wheelchair.
- Assist client with miscellaneous household duties.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed a training program in home health aide services and earned a certificate from an approved Home Health Aide Training Program.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have your own reliable transportation to get to and from clients homes and occasionally transport clients.
- Must have a current and valid Driver's License in the state of New York.
- Must have clean driving background and will be subject to yearly background checks.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.