The Wesley Community is seeking Food Service Workers! Currently hiring for Full Time and Part Time Morning, Afternoon, and Evening positions.
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- Flexible Schedule! Work part time or go to college? We can work around your existing schedule. Most part time employees work between 16 - 24 hours a week.
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Food Service Worker, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in all Nutritional Services functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist in duties such as tray line, dish room, pots, meal cart delivery and retrieval, basic sanitation and cleaning, stocking, and assistance with meal service on units.
- Assure that all Nutritional Services procedures are followed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Work with the Food Service Manager/Director as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- One year experience in food service setting preferred.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.