The Wesley Community is seeking an Environmental Worker! Currently hiring for a Part Time Day position working every Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday from 8 am- 4pm, Part Time Evening position working 4 pm- 12 am every Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday, AND a Full Time Night position working 12 am - 8 am Monday-Friday
The Wesley Community is happy to have been voted Best Assisted Living Community, Best Home Care Services, and Best Nursing Home in the Saratoga TODAY Newspaper
Best of the Saratoga Region 2020 readers' poll!
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
WHAT WILL I DO?
As an Environmental Worker, supporting the mission of Wesley Community will include the following responsibilities:
- Carry out the day-to-day custodial/security activities in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe environment for residents, visitors and employees.
- Know the premises thoroughly including location of fire alarm boxes, of telephones, emergency exits, light switches, fire stand pipe lines, fire hydrants, and hose reels, control switches of elevator motors, fuse/breaker boxes, power control switches, steam valves, and any other control devices relating to the machinery and operations within the premises, in case of emergency.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting to the administrator as required.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME FOR THIS ROLE?
- High School Graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Experience in a related field preferred
- On the job training and orientation provided.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
For over 40 years, The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and care giving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully.
To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job: it's caring that starts in the heart. The Wesley Community strives to have its employees be part of this culture of excellence, to enjoy their work and be rewarded for their superior efforts and performance. Everything we do at Wesley is guided by our Core Values which form the acronym "CARES". These Core Values are COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, EXCELLENCE and SPIRIT.
Our serene 36-acre campus in Saratoga Springs, NY, offers a unique continuum of care from affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.