3RD ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY: WARREN COUNTY
Department: County Attorney
Grade: Attorney Scale-Grade 1 (entry) or commensurate with years of experience
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Under the supervision and general direction of the County Attorney, an incumbent of this class will act for and on behalf of the County Attorney and have responsibility for the following general areas:
• Abstracting, title review, and complying with constitutional, statutory and local laws and resolutions related to County tax foreclosure proceedings, to include preparation and review of title abstracts and continuation reports for real properties subject to tax foreclosure, preparation of legal documents required to initiate and complete tax foreclosure proceedings and transfers of title following tax foreclosure and auction.
• Providing specialized legal professional work to handle legal issues arising from the day-to-day operations of the County; providing legal services in relation to administrative hearings and trials concerning the operation of County departments, boards, committees, and commissions; rendering legal counsel to department heads and other County officials and employees; representing the County before the Courts of the State of New York and the Federal Courts during the prosecution and defense of the County’s interests through zealous advocacy on behalf of the County.
• Representing the County Attorney and the County’s interests before the Family Court for Warren County to include drafting court documents, and appearing for arraignments, court appearances, attorney conferences, hearings and trials;
• Drafting and reviewing contracts on behalf of the County;
• Conducting legal research, drafting and preparing legal opinions for County officials and employees covering a wide range of subjects including constitutional law, statutory law, administrative law, environmental law, labor law, public health law, family law to include the family court act.
The successful candidate is appointed by the County Attorney and serves at the pleasure of the County Attorney. The Assistant County Attorney must be a resident of Warren County at the time of appointment and during employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Admission to the Bar in the State of New York and relevant work experience involving preparation and/or review of title abstracts, and/or conducting real estate closings; litigation experience not required, but preferred.
SALARY: $65,295, or commensurate with experience, plus full benefits.
CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND COMPLETED WARREN COUNTY APPLICATION, RESUME AND LETTER OF INTENT BY MAIL OR EMAIL TO:
Warren County Attorney’s Office
1340 State Route 9
Lake George, New York 12845
Warren County is an EOE/AA employer
Applications accepted until May 31, 2022
Applications may be obtained at: www.warrencountyny.gov/civilservice