The Lead cook manages, under the supervision of the Kitchen manager, all functions of food preparation, execution of the selected menu, preparation of product order, and manage inventory.
- Minimum of two years experience working in food service management in a leadership capacity
- One year of ordering and inventory control
- Extensive knowledge of the proper usage of kitchen related equipment
- Excellent human relation skills, good organization skills, and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to articulate YMCA’s four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
- Lead a team that is focused on consistently providing excellent customer service while executing YMCA core values.
- The Lead Cook will assist the Kitchen Manager in the training of staff.
- The Lead Cook is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, coolers and loading dock where orders are received.
- Assisting in ordering product and monitoring inventory, food deliveries, and special functions.
- Monitor, track and control production and waste.
- Maintain NYS Department of Health guideline and laws of cleanliness, organization, sanitation, and safety.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving self and staff and guests
- Maintain personal hygiene and personal sanitation
- As a 24-hour operation all staff may be asked to work weekend, evening or night shifts and/or holidays in order to serve our members, guests, and program participants.