Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the preparation and staging of raw material for machine operators, as well as, packaging and transporting finished product for shipment.
Morcon Tissue is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for employees, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- $1.00 Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- $.50 Shift Differential for 2nd shift
There are plenty of opportunities for advancement within our organization if you meet the above qualifications and have the desire to learn and achieve great things for yourself and Morcon Tissue.
- Secure work areas to maintain a safe working environment
- Prepare and stage raw material such as boxes, sleeves and paper rolls for the machine operators.
- Communicate with forklift drivers to obtain materials as needed.
- Prepare paper rolls for roll changes, cutting excess paper from roll.
- Transport packed boxes to appropriate pallets.
- Perform proper stacking method according to product type.
- Wrap stacked pallets and transport them to designated areas by using a pallet jack.
- Maintain clean working areas by removing parent roll cores, sweeping, emptying trash cans and dumping waste into bailers.
- Must be able to frequently lift boxes that weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Repetitive use of the hands and arms in packing our finished product.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, 3 hours.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment which is hot in the summer months and comfortable during cooler weather.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time