Senior Trust & Wealth Officer
MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company is seeking an experienced
Senior Trust & Wealth Officer
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in:
R Wealth Management
R Customer Services
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position with our Trust and Wealth Services department, you would be responsible for administration of Wealth Management accounts including providing excellent customer service, maintaining compliance with related policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, and for new business development.
- Responsible for administration of custody, investment management, individual retirement accounts, estate and trust accounts for Trust and Wealth Services in accordance with Company policy, regulatory requirements, and client objectives.
- Perform business development activities to identify potential clients, create new client relationships, and build existing relationships. Participate in Company Cross-Sell & Referral Program as appropriate.
- Interact with clients to provide advice and guidance.
- Participate actively in Internal Review Committee meetings; represent department, division, and Company at appropriate internal meetings as well as at external networking events.
- Develop relationships with attorneys, CPAs and other Centers of Influence.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends, legal and tax requirements, and industry developments.
- Participate in training and continuing education opportunities as appropriate.
- Assist Trust & Wealth Services manager with Departmental duties including the oversight of compliance functions, audits and development of trust & wealth procedures.
- Assist Trust & Wealth Services manager with the management, coaching and counseling of Trust & Wealth staff to meet department goals and deadlines; encourage continuous improvement for career development and succession planning.
- Assist management with activities to meet department goals, division objectives, and Company strategic plans. Comply with operating policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participate actively in the community by attending events or participation in local not-for-profit boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- 15+ years of experience in Trust and Estate Administration
- Certified Trust Financial Advisor designation and related advanced degree required
§ Solid background in investment, trust and estate administration, tax planning and IRS laws and regulations and knowledge of related products and services
§ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with clients, co-workers, and management
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; ability to learn department specific software
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and an exceptional benefits package. This position could work out of our Latham or Glens Falls Office.
Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company has been serving the region and helping our neighbors achieve their financial goals since 1851. We are proud to serve as a cornerstone in the community through charitable giving and unmatched volunteerism. We serve Warren, Washington, northern Saratoga, Essex, and Clinton counties through 30 offices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for: race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.