Retail Lending Specialist
MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company is seeking and experienced
Retail Lending Specialist
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in:
* Knowledge of consumer Lending regulations,
* Strong attention to detail, and
* Strong communication skills
Responsible for processing Home Equity loan requests originating from our branch network’s retail lending staff and managers. Will analyze supporting documentation and make appropriate decision recommendations which comply with Loan Policy and follow regulatory guidelines.
Analyze loan applications and supporting documentation to make informed recommendations for loan requests originating in branch system or through walk-in and telephone requests or referrals
Comply with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the Company’s adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
Maintain appropriate records, loan files and documentation to meet Company and regulatory requirements.
Assist with report generation, preparation of closing documents, communication of closing contingencies, review of legal opinion letters, and workflow coordination.
Maintain major policy exception file and prepare quarterly Loan Quality Exception and Statistical reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Provide support, and guidance to Retail Lending staff on lending process and regulations; stay up-to-date on policy changes, procedure updates, and regulatory requirements; share knowledge with Retail Lending staff and others as appropriate.
Coordinate work within department to ensure timely delivery of service to external customers as well as other departments. Provide periodic updates on workflow to manager and lending team.
Keep current on lending regulations, operating policies and procedures, and Company lending products and services; participate in training as appropriate.
· Associates Degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience required
· 2 – 4 years of experience in an administrative role or business environment preferred; lending experience a plus
· Thorough knowledge of consumer lending regulations; familiarity with procedures and policies impacting consumer loan servicing
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of lending-related software preferred
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines; attention to detail a must
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with customers, co-workers, management and third parties
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and an exceptional benefits package. This position works out of our headquarters in Glens Falls, New York.
Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company has been serving the region and helping our neighbors achieve their financial goals since 1851. We are proud to serve as a cornerstone in the community through charitable giving and unmatched volunteerism. We serve Warren, Washington, northern Saratoga, Essex, and Clinton counties through 30 offices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for: race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.