MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company is seeking an experienced
Commercial Loan Portfolio Manager
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in:
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position with our Corporate Banking department, you would be responsible for providing direct support to Corporate Banking Professionals, Corporate Banking Executive, and Credit Senior Manager with respect to portfolio management of commercial customer relationships.
- Function as liaison between Corporate Banking Professionals and Credit Administration to facilitate credit needs of customers, whether through new requests, modifications or annual reviews/renewals. Includes documenting and tracking relevant information in Loan Origination System, completing credit memo with necessary credit approvals obtained, and participating in loan closing process.
- Participate in customer/prospect calls with Corporate Banking Professionals to gain thorough understanding of business to effectively assist in new loan requests, annual reviews, renewals and prospect conversions.
- Support underwriting efforts by completing due diligence on prospects/customers as appropriate and coordinate with Credit Administration and Corporate Banking Professionals. Analyze financial information of assigned customers/prospects; assist in preparing credit memos, including financial analysis, cash flow and collateral schedules, covenant calculations, and guarantor statement analysis.
- Support Corporate Banking Professionals with portfolio management activities related to credit, depository or other banking services. Follow up with customers on past due financial statements, monitor covenant compliance, and complete periodic reviews to ensure risk rating accuracy. Work with Corporate Banking Professionals to develop relationship management plan for cross-selling efforts.
- Perform related duties and special projects as requested by management including: manage limited customer relationships, perform functions of oversight of requested accounts – identify/provide product solutions, provide ongoing service of account relationships.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies. Assist with correcting actions on loan portfolio issues raised by internal auditors or external regulators as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of Accounting experience required
- 4+ years of experience in credit and/or commercial lending required
- Proficient in Microsoft office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; knowledge of commercial lending-related software systems a plus
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and delegate work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sound judgment, and quality decision making ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with customers, co-workers, and management