AVP of Risk
Hudson River Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative whose mission is to improve the well-being of members and their families by providing quality financial services with the best overall value.
We have an exciting new opportunity!
AVP of Risk
Role: As the AVP of Risk, this role includes overseeing and managing compliance, identifying and mitigating potential risks to the credit union, and managing quality functions. The primary role is to ensure all departments and staff have a thorough understanding, working knowledge, and operational ability to comply with all regulatory and business needs.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the Operational Risk Management function, guiding all departments and management in assessing and mitigating risk associated with regulations/policies and any proposed system, procedural, or product changes; quality control processes; member fraud and other areas as appropriate.
- In partnership with the Chief Risk Officer and others, contributes to and is responsible for developing Business Continuity. Takes a proactive approach to disaster recovery preparedness to enable the credit union to mitigate risks and maintain service continuity during challenging times. Collaborates with our disaster recovery vendor for preparedness as an ongoing commitment, ensuring that your credit union is well equipped to safeguard its members and community in times of need.
- Responsible for overseeing the credit union's Bank Secrecy Act Program, including compliance with the policy and procedure.
- Ensures a comprehensive BSA training program for credit union staff.
- Assists the CRO in overseeing the Credit Union's compliance management program, maintaining a current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and issues.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory developments for the credit union and reports significant risk and compliance-related developments to senior leadership.
- Assist in internal investigations related to compliance or fraud while implementing actions and preventive measures based on investigation findings.
- Creating a successful contract management system to properly manage and control our third-party relationships provides a wide range of potential benefits to the credit union and our members.
At least 7 years’ experience in fraud, risk, security, compliance programs, and financial institutions. Experience leading various risk and compliance teams within a financial institution is preferred.
Relevant professional certifications are preferred but not required. This may include but is not limited to:
-Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert (CUERME) and/or Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE)
-Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Specialist (BSACS)
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, concepts, processes, actions, or solutions that are original, useful, unusual, and appropriate. The degree to which preconceived assumptions can be discarded and new possibilities imagined.
- The ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and apply meaningful data in problem solving. The level of logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes. The ability to forecast events based on current situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to increase knowledge and skills in current area of expertise along with learning new skills.
- The capacity to adapt to fast-changing environments allows a willingness to take risks and consider new approaches to improve the organization's competitive position.
- Ability to complete tasks successfully with technology and the least time and effort. Willingness to take risks and to consider new technology approaches to improve the organization's competitive position.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products
Salary Range: $77,500 to $95,000.00
Apply online at https://www.hrccu.org/about/careers/
If you are unable to complete this application online due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
HRCCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin, physical or mental ability, protected Veteran Status or other characteristics protected by law. To read the It's The Law Poster regarding EEO please paste the following link into your browser. http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.