New York State of Health Marketplace/Insurance Enrollment Experience Wanted!
MUST be able to work in Clinton, Essex, and Franklin counties!
Adirondack Health Institute (AHI) is an independent, non-profit organization that is leading the way in rural health care transformation across a nine-county region of the North Country. AHI supports hospitals, physician practices, behavioral health providers, community-based organizations, patients and others in our region to transform healthcare and improve population health.
AHI is seeking dedicated, motivated, and highly passionate individuals who share our drive and commitment to making a difference by improving the health of our community. We are seeking an Enrollment Specialist to join our team.
The Enrollment Specialist with the Enrollment Assistance Services and Education (EASE) department is responsible for providing health insurance enrollment assistance to individuals and small businesses who apply for health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace. The Enrollment Specialist will help consumers and small businesses to: (1) use the Marketplace application process to complete an application, (2) understand and compare options provided by the Marketplace, (3) make decisions on that information and (4) enroll in a plan. The Enrollment Specialist will help consumers compare a variety of options, including Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan, considering cost, coverage, and any financial assistance available.
Enrollment Specialists must be able to effectively communicate coverage information to consumers, and be able to analyze and interpret complex information, including processes, procedures and legal/regulatory requirements. Enrollment Specialists work independently in multiple community settings and maintain strict confidentiality and privacy standards. Enrollment Specialists will also comply with all NY State requirements for training and recertification on a yearly basis. The EASE Department seeks to reduce rates of uninsured in a seven-county region by providing education, outreach, and enrollment assistance, to help people access health insurance through New York State’s State of Health Marketplace.
Responsibilities of the Enrollment Specialist include:
- Participating in and successfully completing training and certification activities as required by AHI and/or the NYS Department of Health;
- Assisting consumers in understanding insurance choices, federal tax subsidies, public plans, plan benefits, co-payment and other cost-sharing expenses;
- Facilitating selection of a qualified health plan to consumers who are applying for health insurance coverage at the time of application and at renewal;
- Completing enrollment process for clients, following case from initial file set-up to completion;
- Contacting NY State of Health to resolve issues, as needed;
- Assuring that all applications are accurately completed and submitted on time, adhering to current submission guidelines;
- Educating consumers on their benefits and responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act;
- Maintaining thorough reports and records as required by NY State of Health or Funding Source;
- Meeting productivity and quality performance targets;
- Providing information in a fair and impartial manner;
- Performing services in a culturally competent manner, taking into account individual needs with regard to language, disability access, and reading level;
- Maintaining compliance with all grant guidelines;
- Referring consumers to other organizations for help with grievances, complaints, or questions regarding health coverage or a determination related to coverage;
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and privacy standards;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Other Skills: Strong computer skills required, including: word processing, and the ability to navigate web-based portals, databases, and forms. Experience with Excel and PowerPoint preferred; excellent verbal communication skills required; ability to maintain detailed documentation and records in an organized fashion, attention to detail.
Other Requirements: Enrollment Specialists have the ability to work remotely, however, must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle or provide evidence of mobility within assigned communities (Clinton, Franklin, and Essex counties). The Enrollment Specialist supporting these counties will work in health centers in the assigned areas when in-person enrollment resumes again. Must participate and successfully complete training and certification activities required by the New York State Department of Health.
Functions include but are not limited to: must be able to write and speak clearly using the English language to convey information; hear at normal speaking levels in both person and over the telephone; walk or stand; use fingers and hands to feel objects; remain in a stationary position for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Position Schedule: Full-Time; Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Enrollment Specialists must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, early mornings, and/or weekends, as assigned.
NOTE: This is a grant-funded position.
AHI is leading the way in rural healthcare transformation. By partnering with regional health care providers and community-based organizations, we strive to improve care, lower costs, and realize a healthier future for the Adirondack region. If you want to join a team where your unique experience, skills, and input are valued, this is your new opportunity!
AHI provides a friendly and challenging work environment and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please visit https://ahihealth.org/who-we-are/careers/ and complete an online application.
AHI is an Affirmative Action EEO employer and provides opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, prior arrest or conviction record, pregnancy or related conditions, known relation or association with any member of a protected class, or any other protected class, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal or state law. AHI will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.