This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door as an Administrative Assistant with a fast-growing Winery that has an excellent reputation in our region! Our brand new multi-million dollar tasting room and winemaking headquarters have us in expansion mode! Being an employee at Adirondack Winery means you get to learn a lot about wine, get to brag about the cool place you work at, and be a part of a family atmosphere where not only does your work make a difference but your team cares about you!
This is not the office or customer service job that comes loaded with corporate rules and policies, repetitive tasks, customer complaints, and heavy issues… We aren’t saving lives here; we’re selling wine and bringing smiles to faces one bottle at a time!
As an Administrative Assistant to our Customer Experience and Operations Manager, you will fulfill general customer service and administrative needs for the Company and maintain several aspects of our E-commerce and POS systems. You will also help us to maintain product inventories and fulfill e-commerce orders. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for customer service, is technologically savvy and detail oriented.
Regular tasks will include customer service, reservations management, customer record maintenance, inventory, merchandising, shipping and POS system administration, as well as a variety of administrative tasks, like data entry, recording keeping, filing, mailing, laminating, paper cutting, scanning, cleaning, organizing, running errands, etc.
Adirondack Winery is a small business and as such, all employees must be prepared to jump in as needed on a variety of tasks with the well-being of the company as the ultimate goal. At certain times of the year, this staffer will be called upon to assist other departments or work in other areas of the business (for example, working in the Tasting Room as an associate) to accommodate business needs.
Physical Demands: The ability to frequently lift, move and load cases of wine (approx. 35lbs), Must be able to remain in a stationary position for at least 50% of the time, sitting or standing. Constantly operate a computer and other office types of machinery such as a calculator, copier, and printer.
- The ability to work in an office or store setting with multiple people and/or distractions.
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
- Must be able to maintain reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- This is a full-time hourly position with 40 hours per week required.
- The schedule is generally Monday to Friday with standard business hours, however occasional weekends may be required depending on the needs of the business.
- The primary work location would be at Adirondack Winery office building in Queensbury.
- Will be required to regularly travel to Lake George Tasting Room to complete product inventory and merchandising tasks.
- MUST be technologically savvy.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Prior experience working with a point-of-sale system or inventory control system is preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED at minimum required.
- At least 2 years administrative experience, Inventory control experience is a plus.
- MUST be very detail oriented.
PAY: Starting at $18/hour depending on experience.
PERKS: Employee discounts including 1 free bottle of wine a week (worth $1000+ annually!); Reciprocal benefits at other major attractions in the area, free coffee, work outings and more!
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance after 30 days of employment, 401K with employer match eligibility after 6 months of employment, Paid Time Off, and employee referral program!
Disclaimers: Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.