Controller – Adirondack Studios
Adirondack Studios (ADKS) is hiring an experienced Controller with a track record of fiscal responsibility and with ensuring businesses remain in good financial standing. If you are a motivated, goal oriented person who enjoys the challenges of our fast paced, creative industry, then ADKS may be the right place for you.
Storytellers since 1975 – For almost 50 years, Adirondack Studios has provided creative solutions for designers, artists, producers, and owners across the entire themed entertainment, commercial property, arts and museum markets. With our culture rooted in theatrical production, Adirondack Studios is a collaborative partner that focuses on story and guest experience by examining thoughtful design solutions, innovative methods and materials, and out-of-the-box thinking. We excel from concept design through fabrication, installation and final commissioning. We are proud of the service we provide, helping our clients bring their vision to life.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work with a world class, international entertainment design and fabrication company.
- Guide a well establish company looking to expand our horizons in an ever growing and evolving market.
- Work in a fun, creative environment with an energetic team.
Regular tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Oversee the activities of ADKS accounting staff for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external weekly/monthly financial statements and annual audits.
- Oversee all Accounts Receivables activities including Schedule of Values, AIA billings (or milestone payments) and review of payment terms for contracts.
- Oversee the disbursement activities ensuring the accurate and timely process of Accounts Payables, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Manage ADKS Cash flow to ensure timely payments to all contracted suppliers, vendors and employees.
- Oversee all ADKS International Accounting operations.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, and payroll.
- Review of weekly Job Cost reports provided by Project Managers.
- Assure corporate tax form compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advance of all favorable tax codes.
- Provide effective support to all ADKS entities.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Using accepted GAAP, oversee all required audits from our bank, accounting firm, IRS, DOL, IAATSE Union, etc.
- Confirm with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Reconciliation and direct preparation of financial statement accounts, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Initiate, plan, implement, assist and follow-up on special projects to meet unexpected demands upon the facility and its directors.
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff within an interdisciplinary context, participate in and contribute to staff meetings and the development of policies and procedures.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Team in the development of departmental policies and procedures and long-term strategic planning, and function as an effective team member to enhance overall service provision and company staff collaboration.
Reports directly to: CFO
Works in conjunction with: Shareholders and Executives
Has authority over: Accounting staff
Collaborative Responsibility: With Executive team and all company employees for the ongoing good will of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, including five years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of US and international accounting principles
- Knowledge of human services administration and office management systems.
- Must have Budget, Analysis, and Forecasting experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, organizational, and project management skills are required.
- Ability to act as liaison among a range of internal customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Prior experience with accounting/payroll processing software.
- Paid Vacation.
- Participation in company medical, dental, and vision insurance plan, following 90 Days of employment.
- Participation in the company's Long-Term Disability Insurance. This is at no cost to the employee.
- Participation in ADKS 401K plan following 90 days of continuous employment and then at open enrollment.
- Participation in the ADKS Profit Sharing Plan following 3 years of employment and then at open enrollment.
Please submit: Resume, Cover Letter, and three references when applying.
This position will be stationed out of ADKS domestic office in Upstate New York (1 hour north of Albany and approximately 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Adirondack Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for this full time, salaried position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are sure you will find Adirondack Studios an amazing place to work and look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about who we are and the work that we do visit our website and apply: https://www.adkstudios.com/team/#careers