The Marketing Specialist ensures that Adirondack Winery’s company values, brand, products and services are consistently well and accurately represented, as well as persuasively communicated to our customers; working in concert with Company owners and support to continually improve and grow the company.
We are seeking a creative, intuitive, persuasive individual with experience in a wide breadth of marketing skills, including all facets of Social Media, Content Marketing and Blog Writing, Email Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing Deliverables and Ad Creation, Graphic Design, Photography and Videography. Adirondack Winery is currently a leader in the community and amongst its New York State winery peers in the areas of Social Media content and interaction, Email Marketing and Web Content; so, the right candidate will have core strength in these areas.
Under the direction of the company President, and with the help of a full-time Marketing Assistant, the Marketing Specialist must be able to plan, organize and execute the numerous priorities the company strives to promote on a daily, weekly, monthly and long-term basis. Whether you are working on the execution of our full advertising and promotion plan for the Adirondack Wine and Food Festival, our 10th Anniversary Celebration, or our “Drink Pink” Fundraising campaign, or you are regularly promoting winery news like new wine releases, awards won, club benefits, tasting room events, and more; this position is guaranteed to bring plenty of variety to your career.
The ideal candidate is well rounded in all facets of marketing, is creative and empathetic, excels in planning and organization, and has some supervision experience. If you’re looking for a small company that welcomes new perspectives, new ideas, is constantly evolving and growing, then Adirondack Winery may be for you. Adirondack Winery is a casual, friendly workplace.
The Marketing Specialist office is located at our company headquarters in Queensbury. While this position works a typical Monday through Friday work week; it is important the Marketing Specialist also plans to be present at several tasting room and lake George region events to capture Adirondack Winery’s customers in action, engage in “live” marketing, observe the results of our Marketing efforts, and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following job responsibilities apply for Adirondack Winery and the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival:
- Social Media – Plan and execute the company's Social Media marketing presence on all platforms (ie Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Youtube, Vimeo, etc), including creative posting, ad placement, image and video design, content writing, tracking, reporting, budgeting, customer interaction, and more. Monitor social media performance regularly and develop changes accordingly. Stay “up to date” on the latest changes and trends in the field.
- Graphic Design - Creation of Marketing Collateral, Ads, Images, Signage, and other special projects, adhering to and elevating our brand guidelines.
- Email Marketing / Newsletters – Plan and execute the company's Email Marketing & Newsletter plans (create content, populate, organize, send, track, report, deadline management, etc), tailored to customers, accurately and effectively. Monitor and report on performance of Email Newsletters, make recommendations and adjustments accordingly.
- Website - Keep the company’s website fresh and interesting, organized and accurate, update web content, create new written and image content, website functionality maintenance, etc. Evaluate performance of the company’s website using Google Analytics, make changes to improve website based on such data. Basic HTML experience and Wordpress experience required.
- Photography / Videography – Use skills and talents in photography and video to take interesting and compelling pictures and video for the company that is then used in social media and web content, developed into engaging videos, etc. Some experience in video creation and photo editing are required.
- Online Presence - Manage Adirondack Winery's presence on various online websites, keeping content creative, fresh, updated, accurate and effective.
- Advertising / Marketing Coordination - Handle communication, content delivery, coordination, bill paying, deadline management, tracking and reporting of company advertising / marketing activities.
- Event Marketing – Create, execute and adhere to a timeline marketing plan for every event we create – from our simple weekend wine tasting events, to our 10th Anniversary Celebration, to the Adirondack Wine and Food Festival and more. Work closely with the Events Department to develop event content and promotion strategies to ensure the highest and best attendance at each event.
- Public Relations – Work with company president to develop, write and distribute interesting press releases, develop relationships with media representatives to grow the company’s presence in the public; represent the company at Networking functions, etc.
- Sponsorship / Donation coordination – Adirondack Winery regularly donates to multiple silent auctions and fundraiser and sponsors / raises funds for several non profits and more. The marketing Specialist ensures any benefits we receive for being a sponsor or donor are capitalized on by due dates required; including creation of deliverables, communication with non profit representatives, etc.
- Budgeting – Work with the company president to develop the company’s annual Marketing Budget in a cost efficient and effective manner. Work with company bookkeeper to ensure bills are paid, spending is tracked accurately, and budget is adhered to.
- Supervision / Teamwork – The Marketing Specialist oversees a Marketing Assistant and must work closely with other departments and staff. Effective delegation and communication are a must, as well as overseeing the Assistant’s hours, tasks, etc.
- Company Representative / Sales – As sales is at the core of marketing, the Marketing Specialist must be able to speak professionally, knowledgeably and effectively communicate and sell Adirondack Winery's entire range of products, services, programs and policies, both in person and via phone, email, internet chat, social media messaging and any other platform. Experience in retail sales and customer service is a plus.
- Retail Marketing – Work closely with Tasting Room Management to ensure the Tasting Rooms have interesting and effective marketing materials, signage and displays to ensure the best possibility for sales. Develop the ability to connect the dots in our marketing activities between Tasting Rooms, Online Sales, Events and more.
- Administrative / Other Tasks - As we are a growing small business, every employee must "pitch in" on various tasks that arise as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
Strong Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
Strong experience in Facebook and Instagram Ad placement is required.
Intermediate experience in HTML and Wordpress web editing desired.
Experience with Wondershare / Filmora video editing software; Adobe Spark, Canva, is a plus.
Adirondack Winery offers Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, a matching 401K program, Vacations and personal time, complementary wine and wine discounts, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit specifically for this position and our company. Applicants not following these directions will not be considered. Click here to apply online.
Job Type: Full-time